365 Days of Writing Prompts #30
Your home is on fire. Grab five items (assume all people and animals are safe). What did you grab?
1. Mementos Box. This is where I keep old photo albums (pre-internet life!), letters, journals, my grandmother's recipes all in her handwriting. All in one convenient box because I've thought about this question.
2. External Hard Drive with all my everything backed up on it. I'm backing it up again right now while I'm thinking about this. It's a good practice to do this often.
3. Vintage Dress Collection. I can't decide on one dress, so I'm copping out and saving all of them. I have worked so hard to build this collection and getting them altered and I take such good care of them and they've been preserved for so many years--most of them are older than me--the thought of them coming to a fiery fate is too horrible for me to consider.
4. Vintage Cork Lamp. Not just because it's vintage, but because it was my grandmother's. And because I've had it literally my entire life.
5. Tom Robbins Collection. Every book he's ever written. Especially my signed copy of Still Life with Woodpecker. I waited too many years to meet him and get that book signed. It's so important to me.
This one has me curious. What would you save? Share in the comments. :)