Monday, February 1, 2016

365 Days of Writing Prompts #31

Remember yesterday, when your home was on fire and you got to save five items? That means you left a lot of stuff behind. What are the things you wish you could have taken, but had to leave behind?

Full disclosure: I did not have time to write yesterday. I woke up at 6am, hit the road at 7am, spent the day in Brooklyn shopping and eating with my Vegan Lady Gang, got home around 11pm, and fell right to sleep.

That being said, I LOVE this prompt and am so relieved that now I can save the rest of my vintage lamps, all of my Pyrex, gifts from students from years ago, my Doc Martens, my laptop (which is owned by the school I work for, I'm sure they'd be thrilled if I save it, my grandmother's artwork, my great-grandfather's artwork, my phone (duh), my tempurpedic mattress, my week-at-a-glance paper & pencil calendar....

Hell, I'd save everything. Because here's the thing, I'm pretty minimalist. The things I own are things I really do love. It took me a long time to pare it all down and I really enjoy everything I still own.

No comments:

Post a Comment